Homosexual Suspect

A blog addressing the trials and tribulations of a real-life (mostly) gay sex addict. Designed to raise awareness of the reality of this disease, the goal is not to glorify or make light of a terrible affliction, but rather to candidly illustrate what it's like from my perspective. For sex addicts, sexual compulsives, romantic obsessives and the friends and family thereof. Title derived from the title of Jenny Garp's bestseller Sexual Suspect in John Irving's classic The World According to Garp.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Homosexual Suspect

Homosexual Suspect: to be unabashedly aware that you are in control of your destiny, your sex drive, and your cable provider; one who makes everyone around wonder who or what he's thinking of fucking next; derived from the title of Jenny Garp's acclaimed bestseller Sexual Suspect offered in John Irving's classic The World According to Garp. See also: slut.

In the true spirit of 2006 and the idea that this is indeed the year to saying, "YES!" to everything, I have embraced the cliche world of blogs at long last. But I determined to enjoy my writing as more than just a mindless blog/rundown of my life.

No, I have instead decided to embark on something far more meaningful: the (sometimes) gay sexual compulsive. Yup, I'm the guy who cheats on his girlfriends with (countless) boys and fucks around with girls when he should be faithful to his boyfriend. I'm the guy who sleeps with the person who's showing him the apartment, or who meets someone on a train and decides it's ok to take them home to fuck. And, last but certainly not least, I'm the guy who is willingly pimped out only because he feels sorry for the party that was expecting a blowjob in the first place. But I'm also the guy who hates most other gay men, but really wants to find one so we can cuddle and watch Beaches or listen to Dolly Parton. So I'll talk about the phenomenon of gay dating, meaningless sex, and I'll even offer a blow-by-blow (weak pun FULLY INTENDED) of my weekly S.C.A. (Sexual Compulsives Anonymous) meetings.

Yeah, I'm sure that at times I'll sound just as trite and over the top as all the other blogs claim to be. And it's going to be hard to fight the Bridget Jones references, or, for those poor souls that read Jessica Cutler's lukewarm "The Washingtonienne" I'll try to refrain from becoming a slut just to satisfy my readers. I shall be keeping myself, and all other implicated parties, anonymous.

And to start each and every post, I'll offer a word of the day. Something to theme the post, and get us thinking right from the start. Happy New Year! May God have mercy on our souls.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. also, omg50001. i'm saddened, however, that you didn't choose my best friend livejournal.
    i think your next step should be to join myspace. it's glorious.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was suprised that my internet filter let your whole site through and that I uncovered it while working on my blog updates. I didnt see one post referring to your love of or need for God. I'm curious...have you considered Jesus as the answer? He once asked an interesting question that I pose (not maliciously I promise) to you tonight.

    "Do you want to made well?"
    I also will share this (given to me by a friend who left the 12 step program we were both apart of once). "You are either walking toward or away from the Light?"

    Jokes aside - what are you headed toward?

    joshua

     

Post a Comment

<< Home