Homosexual Suspect

A blog addressing the trials and tribulations of a real-life (mostly) gay sex addict. Designed to raise awareness of the reality of this disease, the goal is not to glorify or make light of a terrible affliction, but rather to candidly illustrate what it's like from my perspective. For sex addicts, sexual compulsives, romantic obsessives and the friends and family thereof. Title derived from the title of Jenny Garp's bestseller Sexual Suspect in John Irving's classic The World According to Garp.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Good Plan

Skating With Celebrities- the greatest thing to happen to television since My So Called Life.

What a good idea it was to offer the mantra that it didn't matter where you met a guy, but that you should just go with it. Or, "Say yes!"

Mr. Lee and I had 3 dates this week. You know, it was that weird cosmic alignment where you can spend (maybe too much) time together on consecutive days. Sometimes this can be a bad thing because things start to "move" way too fast. Other times, it can be nice when you're trying to see if it's worth it. It's like you have the first, second, and third dates all at once, so you don't waste a whole month on a particular potential date, only to find out that that bad kiss on the first date wasn't just nerves-- that was just how he is.

On our first date, Mr. Lee and I went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in East Midtown and, although the conversation never lingered, I often got lost in that "I'm-staring-at-you-because-you're-so-beautiful" trance where you forget to say all the things you mean to. At one point, some Canadians (who were staring at us the whole dinner, not because we were so beautiful, although in hindsight, maybe they were) had me pretend to be some random guy to one of their friends on a cell phone and Mr. Lee seemed to really get a kick out of the fact that random things like that always happen to HS. Later that night we went to a great Fondue place on the Lower East Side (he'd never done Fondue--- give me some credit, I'm not that cliche). We had awesome conversation and got to watch other couples make out; we didn't make out there because (thankfully) that's just not our style.

After a night of cuddling, I awoke and went to work, only to find out that we had plans for the next night. I decided to offer to bring home dinner to him and then we could eat and cuddle on the couch. Well, after I made an awesome stir fry, we watched American Idol and Skating With Celebrities (both of which were thoroughly entertaining). I have to say Mr. Lee had me definitely ensnared.

The next night, we ate out and watched a favorite movie. That's pretty much it.

Let me just offer up a little of the good stuff:

1. Mr. Lee is hairy. Now, since he is Cuban it's all short and very well-spread out. Most men hate this but I have to say it is so nice to run my hands through, etc. Maybe it's just me being lazy because I'd like to say hairy is hot so that I can be ok with me myself being hairy! But I dig it.

2. He's totally easy to flirt with. Hands down, a nice guy. I've been able to text, call, and pinch-in-public Mr. Lee to the point of a very satisfying erection!

3. Tragic flaw: he works at my company. So, I know I'm supposed to say, "Don't dip your nub in the office ink" but we'll see what happens. As you all well know, for this HS, 'tis better to meet a guy at work over a guy via "The Number".

And this is all a part of this whole "don't pre-judge" men mantra. Who knows where it will go with Mr. Lee, but suffice to say, I'm satisfied.

Except. Well, he won't "go all the way". I feel like I need to work my way into real sex. Is this how it really works outside of online hook ups? Like, no wonder boys always hook up online because they always get the whole thing all at once. Really, is it just jacking off and making out I'm guaranteed for the guys who are saving themselves. Clearly this is a part of the Sexual Compulsive within that is speaking out at this time. Basically, I'm afraid I don't want to break in any other guys. I need someone who is sexually compatible, because that sex is important to me, otherwise I might stray. I realize it sounds insane, but know myself and know that I want/need sex. Aside from going elsewhere, I'd like to know I can at least work with what I've got at home.

After all, isn't it just "settling" if I'm with someone who's a nice guy, but isn't ideal in bed? Is settling a bad thing?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Dolly said…

    Slow down, HS! You have had THREE DATES and you're already worrying about the sex life? Yes, in the real world many people (I'm not usually one of them, but this is what I hear) actually wait to have sex. Is your honey not putting out because he wants to develop the relationship more? If so, enjoy the easy pace. You only get the pre-sex anticipation once. If he's got issues about having sex at all, we'll that's a whole other enchilada...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home