Homosexual Suspect

A blog addressing the trials and tribulations of a real-life (mostly) gay sex addict. Designed to raise awareness of the reality of this disease, the goal is not to glorify or make light of a terrible affliction, but rather to candidly illustrate what it's like from my perspective. For sex addicts, sexual compulsives, romantic obsessives and the friends and family thereof. Title derived from the title of Jenny Garp's bestseller Sexual Suspect in John Irving's classic The World According to Garp.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's Gonna Be a Bumpy Ride

Rather than focus on those obvious inexcusable reasons I haven't written in so long... I'd rather just lament the fact that writing in this blog someow became like going to the gym. You know how, at firstwhen you sign up, you always get really excited to go to the gym? Initially, you're ready to do it and you go all out because you want to see instant results.

But then like you don't lose weight and then your schedule doesn't allow you to go one night and you realize that it's really easy to miss a night. So then, well, you just stop all together because you see like all the other things you could do in that time you spend at the gym. Like watch TV. Or jack off.

Well, to that end, writing in this blog just kind of took a major back seat as I settled into my new job and new apartment and new found financial freedom.

But, like every fat-ass gym promise I've broken, I am now rebounding with a vengeance. After all, way too much shit is going down for me to let it all just it all go by without properly recording it for all to read.

As I moved and began to consolidate my whole life, I ended up with all the memories from my whole life, minus the two teddy bears that my mother refused to let go. The more I went through those memories, it became clear that I was actually tracing the beginnings of my sexual compulsion. Hell, I even found the page in my old-school journal, that lists all of my former sexual partners (many not even by name just because I really just don't know them.) My favorite part of this is that I actually took the time to score them each on a 1 through 10 scale. Oh that, and the disclaimer at the bottom that says that "NOTE: All of this blank doesn't have to be filled up." There is also a little scribble at the bottom that offers a brief warning that "reading this page makes me very horny." Finally, I did include a short disclaimer declaring that this number actually includes +2 handicap, to account for those men I may have forgotten (which is probably many more than just the two).

I think it would be beneficial for me, and maybe fun to read for any who read this blog, if I try and recount the tale of each and every one of the men on this list. This gives me a guide to follow. Plus, maybe it will be good therapy.

So, starting this week, we'll go through the whole gory story of sex and relationships (however short-lived). One boy/girl per post. Fasten your seatbelts, bitches, I'm not sure even I'm going to be able to hold on for the ride.

Oh, and P the fuck S... no more definitions at the start of each blog. I think it's a little too Bridget Jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home